Project management requires professionals to collaborate and focus on delivering a set of project objectives. Project objectives are often described as:
- Outputs such as setting up a new branch
- Outcomes such as successful staff relocation
- Benefits such as reduced premises costs
- Strategic Objectives such as cutting costs by a percentage
Effective teamwork on tasks and workstreams is key to successful project delivery. As such managed projects are distinct from business as usual (BAU) activities.
Projects may differ in scale and complexity however many project management principles will often remain the same.
The main project management principles are:
- building the project case
- capturing project requirements, specifying deliverables, & estimating resources and timescales;
- preparing business case
- securing sponsor and funding
- developing and implementing a project plan
- leading and motivating the project team
- managing the risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies (RAID)
- managing progress and budget
- managing stakeholders and senior management
- managing vendors
- project closure
Our talent pool of consultants have vast experience in projects. Whether as a Project Manager or Business Analyst, we aim to deliver IT projects on budget, in scope and on time.